The University of Georgia Department of Horticulture is excited to share the award-winning “Hearts of Glass” documentary to the university community. The film is about Vertical Harvest, an ambitious small business that combines high-tech local food production and meaningful employment for people with disabilities. Join us for a lively discussion with the filmmaker, Vertical Harvest employees, and Clarke County and UGA faculty.
You can stream the film at your convenience between Friday, Oct. 23, and Friday, Oct. 30, at https://showandtell.film/watch/uga. We invite you to watch the film and join the panel discussion at 4 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 27.
Please complete this pre-event survey before watching the video: https://ugeorgia.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6hwhVk1uJdbnBIx
• Jennifer Tennican, Director and Producer of “Hearts of Glass"
• Sean Stone, Senior Facilities Associate, Vertical Harvest
• Kai Hoffman, Senior Grower of Vining Crops, Vertical Harvest
• Jennifer Thomas, Special Education Teacher at Clarke County School District
• Doug Crandell, Advancing Employment Technical Assistance Center
• Jennifer Jo Thompson, Associate Research Scientist and Director, UGA Sustainable Food Systems Initiative