Retirement Readiness is on the minds of many. No matter a person’s age, retirement planning is imperative regardless of preparing to leave the workforce in the next 5, 10, 20, 30 or 40 years. This understandably is an important topic for employers and their employees as well. This course is designed to provide a roadmap of the different avenues available to individuals, both through their employer and directly, to prepare for retirement.
Our speaker will discuss:
• How one saves for retirement amidst life’s other priorities
• A variety of employer retirement plans and savings options outside of employer-sponsored retirement plans or if no employer plan is available, i.e., state savings plans, IRAs, etc.
• Types of investments and rule of thumb for allocations based on timeframe for retirement
• If an HSA-qualified medical plan is available as a healthcare option, the advantages of contributing to the Health Savings Account with an eye toward retirement savings
TOP TAKE AWAYS
• Developing a budget and personal planning
• Savings vehicles and investments options available
• Planning for expenses in retirement
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT CREDITS
CEBS - qualifies for 1.5 hour of CPE
HRCI - approved for 1.5 HR (General) credit
SHRM - valid for 1.5 PDC
ASPPA - qualifies for 1.5 hour of CE