TCA asked you to “Show Your Love for Chiropractic!” at TCA Legislative Day in Austin and you did! More than 500 Texas DCs, Parker University and Texas Chiropractic College students and faculty, staff and chiropractic supporters made the trip to Austin on Valentine’s Day and participated in 165+ meetings with legislative offices. Were we effective as a group? Absolutely! You paved the way for nine pro-chiropractic bills that were filed by the March 8 deadline. It happened in part because of the valuable connections you made.
So, what’s next? Find out during the next TCA Live Town Hall at 7:30 p.m. CT Tuesday, March 26.
Join TCA executives and lobbyists to learn more about TCA’s legislative agenda, get an up-to-the-minute status report on our bills and what it all means for the future of chiropractic in the Lone Star State.
Key topics to be discussed on the Town Hall include:
• Nerve/neuro – Without a doubt, this issue is the biggest facing Texas chiropractors during this session and is the focal point of ongoing litigation that eventually could reach the Supreme Court of Texas. HB 2733/SB 1867 were authored to clarify the role of nerves in chiropractic.
• Opioid crisis – HB 1866 seeks to limit opioid prescriptions while diverting patients to more conservative care, such as chiropractic.
• Insurance equality – HB 1410/SB 1739 seeks to end discrimination against chiropractors by health insurers, while HB 2151/SB 1508 was created to ensure fair post-payment audits and recoupments.
• TCA’s other bills – Other issues being addressed include the right of injured workers to choose their treating doctor and the protection of patients’ access to chiropractic acupuncture.
• What you can do – Find out how you can help when called to action in the coming weeks.
TCA Live Town Halls are a communications vehicle to inform and engage TCA members, but they are open to all Texas chiropractors. Not a TCA member? Call 512-477-9292 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.