Intro to Enable Ireland
Introduction to Assistive Technology:
What is Assistive Technology?
How can pupils benefit from Assistive Technology?
What kinds of Assistive Technology are available?
Webinar 1: November 11th
• iPads vs. Windows vs. chrome books
• Ergonomics – emphasis on getting screen height right, accessories.
• Overview of Alternative Keyboard and Mice
o To include large key keyboards and child friendly mice
• Brief look at alternative access – eyegaze and voice
Using the computer:
• Keyboard familiarity (i.e. First Keys software, keyboard stickers)
• Online storage, particularly for iPads, Chromebooks
Software for literacy: (using programmes such as Clicker 8, Natural Reader, Penfriend, ClaroRead, Immersive Reader)
• Reading (text to speech, picture support,
• Spelling/Grammar support
• Word prediction
Webinar 2: November 18th
Software for Maths
• Writing maths (Splash! City, Panther Math Paper etc)
• Maths Drill practice (number Shark, IXL, FlipMaths etc)
Software for organisation:
• Mindmapping (inbuilt in software i.e. Clicker, or standalone i.e. Inspiration
Apps for behaviour/sensory management
• Turn taking
• Visual schedules
• Sensory monitoring apps
Please note that no recordings will be shared with participants. Slides will be shared if the presenter is agreeable to this. Please only register for our webinars if you have an internet download speed greater than 6MB. Speed test your internet prior to registering. If you lose your internet connection during the webinar this doesn’t warrant a refund (if applicable). Do not share your join link as you will be unable to join if you do so. You can cancel your registration and get a full refund up to the start of the webinar (if applicable). Once the webinar has commenced there are strictly no refunds. The cancellation button is at the bottom of your confirmation email.