This is a live webinar demonstrating how to create micro-adventures from your doorstep during lockdown. We’ll show how you can plan walks, runs and rides from your front door to nearby areas of nature using the OS Maps app. Hosted by Hugo and Tom of Trail Unknown, UK mountain bike guides and experts in OS Maps.
We'll cover key topics including:
- An overview of how to use the OS Maps app & it’s key features.
- How to plan short, safe and easy walking routes from your house using the app to explore your local area.
- How to navigate and track your walks using the app.
- How to find and share local routes.
- How to integrate the OS app on mobile and your computer.
- How to use the 3D fly-through, aerial 3D layer, table-top 3D and augmented reality to plan longer adventures for the future.
The OS App:
The governments guidelines on COVID-19 are clear. Stay safe, self-isolate if unwell and stay at home. You may leave the house for one form of exercise a day such as a walk, run or cycle. The OS app is the ideal tool for this and can help you connect with nearby areas of nature during lockdown. Whether you live in a city or in the countryside, there are paths and routes on everyone’s doorsteps, you simply need to open the OS Maps app and instantly start finding local routes nearby. You can also create and plot your own routes so you can explore the way you want to.
About the Hosts:
Trail Unknown's mission is to get more people out enjoying the beautiful wild areas of the UK by providing guided mountain bike tours in National Parks and AONBs. Find out more about our story at www.trailunknown.com or contact us at Ride@trailunknown.com
Ordnance Survey is world renowned for it’s detail and accuracy. We specialise in getting more people outside more often both with our traditional paper mapping and now digitally. At this time, safety (as always) is our highest priority and we always recommend you follow the COVID-19 government guidelines when getting outside.