Date: 22 October 2019
Time: 12:30 (UTC); 14:30 (SAST); 15:30 (EAT)
Duration: 75 minutes
Prof Arthur Petersen
Dr Leo Meyer
Karen Morris (SouthSouthNorth)
The objective of the mini E- course is to increase the involvement of expert reviewers from developing countries in the review process of the first draft of the Working Group II report of the IPCC. The course will be delivered by distinguished international experts with extensive past involvement in the IPCC.
This webinar will cover:
• Review procedures
• How to find your way in a draft IPCC report
• Judging draft texts, diagrams and figures;
• Analysis of the validity of a statement
• The appropriate usage of grey and non-English scientific literature
• Phrasing effective review comments
• Practical hints and further guidance material
After the presentations there will be an opportunity for questions and answers.