Creating Lifestyle Medicine Interest Groups (LMIGs) within health profession schools and training programs serves as a method to increase awareness and understanding of Lifestyle Medicine at the student and trainee level. LMIGs also unite students, interns, residents, and fellows across all healthcare fields and medical specialties worldwide. This webinar will discuss the important functions that LMIGs serve, highlight examples of successful LMIGs around the world, and explain how to create a successful LMIG at your institution. It will also explore the role of the ACLM Professionals in Training Executive Board and describe resources to promote the creation and maintenance of LMIGs.
1. Describe the mission of a Lifestyle Medicine Interest Group (LMIG).
2. Present the current state of LMIGs across the country and showcase examples of LMIGs.
3. Explain how to create an LMIG at your training program.
4. Address common challenges and pitfalls experienced during the creation and maintenance of an LMIG.
5. Discuss the support and materials provided by the ACLM Professionals in Training Board for LMIGs.
6. Highlight opportunities for LMIGs and trainees offered through the ACLM Professionals in Training.