The benefits of qualifying for the small business CGT concessions are significant. Besides the tax savings, the concessions provide a great opportunity to boost superannuation through the CGT cap. However, the complexity of the concessions and the nuances of the CGT cap mean that practitioners need to tread carefully when applying the concessions. Darren Wynen has just released a new publication on this topic, and his three workshops at the SMSF Association’s 2019 National Conference on this were all sold out. The sessions ranked in the top 2 for the entire conference, so he is well-placed to provide an overview of the key concepts to get the interaction of the concessions and the CGT cap right.
List of topics:
- Step-by-step framework for applying the CGT concessions
- How does the CGT cap interacts with the concessions?
- Recent changes tighten-up the rules around the sale of shares and units - what are the implications for structuring?
- Planning for the concessions – what issues should practitioners be addressing for clients annually?
- What are the most common questions asked by practitioners regarding the concessions and the CGT cap?
Darren Wynen is the founder of Insyt, a company that provides written
materials and consulting services for accountants and financial advisers.
Darren has written extensively about SMSFs through his own work, numerous
training materials, and his decade-long involvement with the NTAA
(including 'Super Schools') and work with TaxBanter.
See Darren’s full bio at https://www.insyt.com.au/about