Presented by: Lindsey Boes LMFT
Relational Accountability (RA) is a Narrative approach that provides a framework for helping people identify the messages they are sending to their loved ones, both overtly and covertly, intentionally and unintentionally. Using RA, therapists can help partners and parents shift from individualistic to communal values and ethics. In addition to providing strategies for clinicians to use un sessions, RA can also be used in clinicians' personal relationships with partners, children, friends, etc. Participants will leave the training with increased awareness of their own stories, how we influence others' stories, have new Narrative strategies to use in sessions, and have an increased understanding of how power structures affect relationships.
1. Gain more understanding of what story is.
2. Build insight into what your story is and how it has formed.
3. Learn how we each influence others' stories.
4. Leave with new Narrative Therapy strategies.
5. Have an increased understanding of how power structures affect relationships.