Cambodia, the youngest member of ASEAN, will chair the ten-member bloc next year.
However, Cambodia’s bleak national human rights record and its continuous disregard for
human rights, may derail ASEAN’s ambitious hopes to be a community advocating for the people, peace, and prosperity.
This webinar aims to
- Provide a brief civil society assessment of Brunei’s performance as ASEAN chair in 2021;
- Deliver a forecast on Cambodia’s position on the most pressing regional and domestic issues as next year’s ASEAN chair;
- Provide recommendations to ASEAN civil society organisations and relevant stakeholders to effectively engage with Cambodia and lobby with ASEAN and its sectoral bodies to respect, protect, and fulfil human rights
● Josef Benedict, Asia Pacific Researcher – CIVICUS
● Khin Ohmar, Founder of Progressive Voice
● U Bo Hla Htint, National Unity Government Ambassador to the ASEAN
● Rachel Arinii Judhistari, Director for Policy, WikiMedia
● Chak Sopheap, Executive Director for Cambodian Center for Human Rights
Moderator: Gianna Francesca Catolico, FORUM-ASIA