This panel brings together experts on trade compliance, export controls, national security, and sanctions. Together they will explore the strategies to navigate the complex cross-section of international funding of higher education research, start-ups, and US national security interests.
• Understanding export controls in a start-up environment or research, including limitations and restrictions
• Leveraging university resources for legal services, etc.
• Avoiding the red flags with thorough due diligence
• Building the basics of a compliance program with limited resources
• Understanding government expectations and proactively managing those risks.
Nicholas M. Roegner, of Counsel, LimNexus LLP
Stephanie Douglas, President, National Security Practice, Guidepost Solutions + Former, Senior Executive, FBI
T. James Min II, Partner, LimNexus LLP
Robert Roach, Senior Advisor, Guidepost Solutions + Former Vice President, Chief Global Compliance Officer, New York University