Climate Bonds Initiative (CBI) has joined the Making Cities Resilient 2030 (MCR2030), a 10-year long initiative, together with other collaborators to strengthen the resilience of cities around the world.
This webinar invites representatives of the main organisations supporting cities and municipalities around the world, also partners of the MCR2030.
We discuss how the challenges and opportunities for cities to become greener are impacted by the pandemic and how resilience can set the tone and pace of developing sustainable finance.
Opening Remarks: Sanjaya Bhatia, Head of Office UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR) Global Education and Training Institute (GETI)
• Moderator: Sean Kidney, CEO, Climate Bonds Initiative
• Emani Kumar - Deputy Chairman, Deputy Secretary-General, ICLEI and Executive Director, ICLEI South-East Asia
• Émilie Maehara, Deputy Executive Director of the Global Fund for Cities Development (FMDV), UCLG
• Idan Sasson – Project Coordinator at Climate Policy Initiative, Leadership for Urban Climate Investment (LUCI), CCFLA
• Aditya Bahadur, Research Associate, Global Risks and Resilience, ODI (TBC)
This session will be recorded, and the video will be available publicly at the CBI You Tube Channel as well as in the CBI UNDRR MCR2030 Platform.