The Embassy of Argentina and the World Resources Institute cordially invite you to an online panel discussion: "Argentina facing Climate Change: Agenda for the care of our Common Home" on Tuesday, February 2nd at 3 pm EST.
With the adoption of the National Law on Global Climate Change, and under the leadership of President Alberto Fernandez, the Argentine Republic has adopted climate action as a state policy. In December, Argentina submitted its second Nationally Determined Contribution (NDC) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. The new submission commits to cut emissions to nearly 26% lower than the first NDC, and also includes Argentina’s second Adaptation Communication.
Fulfilling new climate commitments demands significant resolve, but also presents new opportunities. With this initiative, Argentina emerges as a regional leader committed to strengthening multilateralism, international cooperation, and dialogue on implementing an economic recovery aligned with the Paris Agreement.
• H.E. Jorge Argüello, Ambassador of the Argentine Republic to the United States.
• H.E. Juan Cabandié, Minister of Environment and Sustainable Development
• Helen Mountford, Vice President for Climate and Economics, WRI
• Pablo Vieira, Global Director, NDC Partnership
• Lisa Viscidi, Director of the Energy, Climate Change & Extractive Industries Program, Inter-American Dialogue.
The presentations will be followed by Q&A.
The presentation will be held in Spanish and English with simultaneous translation.