Ukraine's post-war reconstruction should be based on renewable energy. Decarbonization of the Ukrainian economy with renewables at its core will ensure Ukraine's independence, prosperity, employment and peace. To achieve these goals, a real technological and industrial partnership between Ukraine and EU will be of great importance.
Ukraine has made significant progress in renewable energy in recent years. By the end of 2021, the share of RES in national electricity production was over 8%. Currently, all projects that were already in the development and construction phase have been put on hold.
The aim of this high-level event is to discuss the European Commission RES target for Ukraine and the roadmap to decarbonization with renewables at its core.
Opening speeches: (40’)
• Kadri Simson, Energy Commissioner
• German Galuschenko, Energy Minister, Ukraine
• Dirk Buschle, Deputy Director Energy Community Director
• Andrii Zhupanyn, Member of energy Committee of Verkhovna Rada
• Andriy Konechenkov, Chairman of the Board, Ukrainian Wind Energy Association
• Galyna Shmidt, Board Member, Ukrainian Wind Energy Association
• Artem Semenyshyn, CEO, Ukrainian Solar Association
Roundtable + Moderated Discussion (50’)
• Vsevolod Chentsov, Ambassador of Ukraine to the Netherlands
• Joachim VANZETTA, Chair of the Board, ENTSO-E
• Volodymyr Kudrytskyi, CEO of Ukrenergo National Energy Company
• Alessandro Polito, Policy Officer, DG ENER
• Monika Morawiecka, Senior Advisor at Regulatory Assistance Project
• Maryna Ilchuk, Women Energy Club of Ukraine, Board Member
• Olga Yeriomina, Senior Banker, Energy Europe, Sustainable Infrastructure Group, EBRD
• Julien Mauduit, Regional Head of Energy, EBRD
• Francois Paquet, Impact Director, Renewable Hydrogen Coalition
• Serhii Anashkin, Chairman of the Board, Refrigerating Assoсiation of Ukraine
• Volodymyr Grynko, CEO, Refrigerating Assoсiation of Ukraine