On Wednesday 27th January 2021, Getting It Right First Time (GIRFT) will be hosting a lunchtime webinar to discuss the Medical Device Safety Programme (MDSP).
The MDSP – a clinically-led partnership with other NHS organisations – aims to help address recommendations in Baroness Cumberlege’s Independent Medicines and Medical Devices Safety Review 2020 around collecting the right data for monitoring the safety of medical devices and establishing outcome registries.
This webinar will look at how the MDSP will accelerate the adoption of digital technology to improve the tracking and monitoring of medical devices; establish a new information system and infrastructure to collect, link and analyse outcomes by procedure (including details of any medical devices or implants used, and the clinicians involved); and analyse outcomes data to drive improvements in patient care and safety.
• Professor Tim Briggs: GIRFT chair, NHS national director of clinical improvement, and senior clinical advisor to the MDSP
• Scott Pryde: GIRFT senior advisor for medical device safety
• Jon Boyle, Vice President of the Vascular Society, prior National Vascular Registry (NVR) clinical lead
• Tim Wilton: medical director and vice chairman of National Joint Registry
• Dr Sarah Clarke and Professor Simon Ray: GIRFT cardiology clinical leads
• Mike Hutton: GIRFT spinal surgery clinical lead