1. Event Details:
Event type: Webinar
Date: Wednesday 28 April
Time: 10:00 AM (CEST) / 3:00 PM (ICT)
2. Programme Synopsis:
The South-East Asia IP SME Helpdesk in collaboration with the European Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Lao PDR (ECCIL) is organising a Webinar on Trade Mark Protection & Enforcement and Intellectual Property-Related Updates in Laos. The aim of this webinar is to improve awareness among EU SMEs and public & private stakeholders on the recent IP changes, as well as promote the need to improve their protection following EU best practices.
Mr. Dino Santaniello, External Expert of the South-East Asia IP SME and Head of Tilleke & Gibbins's office in Laos will give an overview of the main topic and then discuss several practical case studies/ examples in SEA. After the keynote presentation, there will be a Q&A addressing all the questions that the audience might have.
3. Programme Content:
• Protecting your trade marks in Laos:
- Brief overview of the legal framework concerning trade marks in Laos.
- Which trade marks can be protected in Laos.
- How to Register a trade mark in Laos (national application and international application).
• Focus on parallel imports and license agreements:
- Is parallel import authorised in Laos?
- Is the registration of a license agreement mandatory in Laos?
• Trade mark enforcement:
- Overview of the available options.
• Case studies/examples in Laos.
• Recent updates on intellectual property.
*By registering, you agree to submit your information to the webinar organiser(s), who will use it to communicate with you regarding this event and their other services.