Informalities - Execution of documents in the time of Covid-19.
In recent years, the courts and the Law Commission have been grappling with the formality requirements for documents (especially deeds). In the age of virtual meetings and the rise of electronic communications, 3PB commercial barristers Cheryl Jones, Charles Irvine and Christopher Edwards are hosting a timely webinar on those issues, covering:
- A brief summary of the position on formality requirements;
- Electronic signatures and attesting in light of Wood v Commercial First Business Ltd (in liquidation) , Yuen v Wong  and the Law Commission’s report;
- The consequences of when things go wrong: Signature Living Hotel Ltd v Sulyok ;
- The latest developments from HM Land Registry in light of the Covid-19 lockdown;
- The Companies Act 2006 formalities and the meaning of “documents”; and
- The future areas of litigation which practitioners should be addressing with their clients.