Corticosteroids play an integral role in the management of multiple conditions including rheumatology, gastroenterology and dermatology. As the approach to their use varies between these conditions, it’s essential that pharmacists are well-informed on these differences in order to optimise their use. Join us in this webinar where our expert panellists will provide an update on the role of corticosteroids in rheumatology, gastroenterology and dermatology and provide practical tips on h ow to enhance management of patients on corticosteroids and improve outcomes.
After attending this webinar, pharmacists should be able to:
• Describe the role of corticosteroids in rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis, including dose, dosing frequency
• Describe the role of corticosteroids in Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis including dose, dosing frequency
• Describe the role of corticosteroids in plaque psoriasis including dose, dosing frequency
• Support patient medication adherence through tailored advice, including discussion of adverse effects, monitoring treatment response and provision of consumer resources
PSA is currently seeking accreditation for this activity. This activity may attract up to 1 Group 1 CPD credits suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan.
- Webinar open to all pharmacists.
- Ensure you register for the webinar using the email address registered on your PSA account to easily mark attendance for CPD allocation
- This webinar runs for 1 hour. Capacity 1000.
Your personal information is collected to register your participation in the activity and will be shared with NPS MedicineWise and University of South Australia. Your details will be used for the purpose of recording your participation, to support evaluation of program activity and to contact you with further details about the program activities. You may choose to OPT OUT below.