The SEAFDEC Training Department (SEAFDEC/TD) in collaboration with the SEAFDEC Marine Fishery Resources Development and Management Department (MFRDMD) and SEAFDEC Secretariat (SEAFDEC/SEC) is therefore planning to convene the “Teleseminar on Way Forward for Combating IUU Fishing in Southeast Asia” from 24 to 26 August 2020.
The “Teleseminar on Way Forward for Combating IUU Fishing in Southeast Asia” aims to:
1. Share the on-going initiatives undertaken at various levels for combating IUU fishing; and
2. Identify new areas and way forward to combat IUU fishing in the Southeast Asian region.
24 August 2020 (Monday): 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. UTC +7 Bangkok time
Moderator by Dr. Masaya Katoh, SEAFDEC/MFRDMD
• Overview of SEAFDEC Initiatives in Combating IUU Fishing by Ms. Malinee Smithrithee, SEAFDEC Secretary-General
• Perspectives on the initiatives of SE Asian region in fulfilling international requirements for combating IUU fishing by Dr. Matthew Camilleri, FAO Headquarters
• Support AMSs to combat IUU fishing: ASEAN IUU Network – EU CATCH (EU perspectives) by Ms. Sara Perucho Martinez, DG MARE
• Challenges on sustainable marine fisheries management in Southeast Asia: Adaptation to the New Normal (after COVID19) by Dr. Adisorn Promthep, Sustainable Fisheries Research and Development Foundation, Thailand
For more information: http://www.seafdec.or.th/teleseminar-iuu/index.html