BGI believes that science presents the best exit strategy for the COVID-19 pandemic and has been supporting SARS-CoV-2 research efforts from the beginning of the outbreak.
In this educational webinar, BGI’s Senior Research and Engineering Manager, Dr. Jiang, will review what we currently know of the genetic diversity of SARS-CoV-2 from evolutionary analysis. He will then present relevant sequencing solutions and research strategies that are helping scientists understand more about the molecular epidemiology of the virus for applications including general clinical research, vaccine development and drug R&D.
He will also review some common challenges and questions connected to SARS-CoV-2 genomic research.
This webinar is useful for anyone considering or actively conducting research work on SARS-CoV-2, or generally interested in the molecular epidemiology of the virus.
What you will learn in this webinar:
- what we know of the genetic diversity of the virus from evolutionary analysis
- current SARS-CoV-2 databases and resources
- common challenges in infectious disease genomics research
- practical guidance regarding coverage and sampling protocols for relevant sequencing solutions, including:
• whole genome sequencing
• single cell sequencing
• metagenomics sequencing
- how sequencing can be applied for vaccine development, drug R&D and clinical research.
Register below, it's free, quick and easy.