In this interactive 75-minute session, we explore how the pillars of Scrum can guide us in creating more diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in organizations.
In the first session of this two-part series, we focus on making the business case for the integration of DEI practices, and discuss how the Three Pillars of Scrum: Transparency, Inspection and Adaptation can also guide us in creating more diversity, equity and inclusion on agile teams and across the organization.
Pamela Meyer, Ph.D., author of The Agility Shift: Creating Agile Leaders, Teams and Organizations, will facilitate the session featuring a panel of thought leaders who will share their own experience, expertise, and guidance:
• Lisa Cooper, Founder & CEO, Catalysts Technologies
• Melanie Coffee (CSM), PR & Media Relations Director, Crayon
• Jyl Feliciano, D&I Thought Leader, Equity & Belonging Strategist
• Todd Williams, Director, Agile Transformation Office at The Standard
Together we will explore how agile teams can be models for DEI, not only for the teams themselves, but for the wider organizations in which they function. We will also aim to discover how we can translate good intentions into better business practices and work experiences so that everyone can leverage the benefits of agility and help transform the world of work.
Participants will learn
• Why improving DEI helps elevate team performance and boost business results
• How the fundamental values of Scrum align with those of DEI
• How privilege and unconscious bias can impede team performance
• Best practices and strategies agile experts and DEI professionals are implementing
This session is part of the Continuous Improvement Series.
Please note: This session will be recorded and available to view on the Scrum Alliance website. It is valid for 2 SEUs.