Banks can play an important role in building a strong workforce for their local economy. Workforce development can be an eligible activity under the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA). Recent guidance from federal banking regulators states that ‘creating or improving access by low- or moderate-income persons to jobs or to job training or workforce development programs’ may be considered an eligible economic development activity.
This webinar will explore how the CRA can support workforce development outcomes for people with disabilities. An overview of the CRA and its connection to workforce development will be presented, followed by a discussion of how partnerships can be developed and strengthened from the perspectives of both an organization serving people with disabilities and a bank partner.
– Steven Shepelwich, Senior Community Development Advisor, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, Oklahoma City Branch
– Virgil Miller, Group CRA Director / Group Compliance, ARVEST Bank Operations, Inc.
– Sabrina Ware, Director, Goodwill TulsaWorks and Job Connection
– Lisa Mifflin, District Community Affairs Officer, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
– Michael Morris, Executive Director, NDI
This is the fourth in a five-part webinar series to increase attention on inclusive community development to build a new level of relationships between the disability and financial communities.
Please note: Real time captioning will be provided for this webinar. For other accommodation requests, questions about the webinar, or the registration process, please contact Hope Price at firstname.lastname@example.org.