Exclusive online meeting for GynZone customers.
Meet our GynZone Live Expert: Midwife PhD Sara Kindberg.
Attend this 30 minutes presentation and join the discussion for another 30 minutes.
Screening all mothers after vaginal birth: healing and assessment of primary perineal repair outcomes.
Early secondary perineal repair within the first weeks postpartum.
Experiences from a midwifery-led pelvic floor clinic at Aarhus University Hospital in Denmark.
95% of all first-time mothers require surgical repair of trauma to the vulva, vagina, perineal tissue, or muscles in the pelvic floor.
All women giving birth at Aarhus University Hospital have an offer of postnatal screening of the outcome of their perineal repair.
This screening is carried out during a routine visit 2-3 days after birth along with a neonatal hearing test and breastfeeding support.
Sara Kindberg will present:
• This is how we evaluate that the primary diagnosis and repair was sufficient
• Cases of infection and suture break down will be illustrated using clinical photos
• Experience on how to give feedback to midwives and doctors about their suturing skills
• Mothers and fathers: what do they think about screening for surgical outcomes / checking the stitches?
• Our experiences with early secondary repair since 2013 featuring more than 300 cases