September is National College Savings Month! To help you start saving, Savingforcollege.com is offering a free, one-hour webinar to answer basic questions about 529 plans and the best ways to save and pay for college. Our experts Katie Flynn and Matt Toner will explain what you need to know to get started with a savings plan, and will take live questions as time permits. By the end of the webinar, you will know:
- The unique advantages of 529 plans and how they work
- How 529 plans can be used to save for K-12 private school
- What to consider when selecting a 529 plan, including FDIC insured 529 plans
- How to open a 529 plan, including selecting your investment options
- Why you shouldn't worry about how your 529 plan will impact financial aid (Hint: 529s receive favorable treatment on the FAFSA, compared to other accounts)
- How you can avoid paying unnecessary taxes and penalties when you withdraw from your 529 plan
Our generous sponsors at College Savings Bank, a Div. of NexBank SSB make this free webinar possible!
College Savings Bank, a Division of NexBank SSB (CSB) is the program manager for the unique FDIC-insured Arizona Family College Savings Program–Bank Plan and Indiana's CollegeChoice CD 529 Savings Plan (both offered nationwide). Focused on college savings since 1987, CSB is designed to help individuals and families save for higher education in a principal-protected, tax-advantaged way and offers valuable features including tax-deferred growth, generous contribution limits and a variety of attractive FDIC-insured products. In addition, there are no fees and no income limits, or age limits for beneficiaries, to open an account. Member FDIC.
Learn more at https://invest.collegesavings.com.