This event is the first in the series of quarterly learning events for WeAreTechWomen’s community.
About this event
Success in your career isn’t just about the ability to do your day job and do it well. Success is often achieved by pushing your boundaries and learning/benefiting from the advice and experience of others. Mentoring is becoming an increasingly popular way of leveraging skills, however if your mentoring relationships are not structured and there are no measurements for success, then these sessions are likely to reap reward in the long term. If you are interested in seeking mentors in the future and/or want to turn up the heat on an existing mentoring relationship, then this hands on learning session is for you.
Throughout this interactive and practical session Vanessa will share her top tips having mentored over 100 individuals during her 25 year career in Finance. She will also share her reflections of being a successful mentor for programmes such as Parligender, a House of Parliament Mentoring campaign and the hugely successful CRUK Women of Influence mentoring programme.
Attend this session to
- Learn the basics of a successful mentoring relationship, who does what and why!
- Learn how to drive success from your mentoring relationships to achieve optimum results
- Map out a skills framework and relationship plan to identify your long term and short term outcomes
- Identify and plan to approach potential mentors
- Learn how to be the best mentee!
- Practice your mentoring pitch
- Gain access to templates to get your mentoring engagement off to a flying start
- Find out who else you might need in your career, e.g. coaches and sponsors
- Learn how to turn your mentors in to sponsors