Lightweighting presents an ongoing effort across numerous industry verticals to optimize product performance. For example, a reduction in weight for automotive and aerospace applications can boost the fuel consumption efficiency and capacity of their products whilst simultaneously saving on cost. An increasingly popular method of lightweighting is the development of composite materials which can outperform solid components however when reducing weight, it is essential to ensure the structural integrity of the materials used. What follows is a tradeoff between weight reduction and the mechanical properties of the composite. This session will explore cutting edge requirements for the development of composite materials as well as outlining how to stay ahead of the competition and make sure these needs are met.
Points to be discussed:
· Determining how best to cut weight from integral components in line with design requirements
· Learn to strike the balance between lightweight and structurally sound materials
· Exploring how to improve the damage tolerance and reliability of composite materials
- Discussion Leader: Dr Alexander Fergusson, Founder and CEO, FAC Technology
- Xiaoxi Wang Board Director, SPE TPM&F and PI, BCA Product Development, Boeing
- Munir Zanial, Senior Composites Engineer, KittyHawk
- Miguel Angel Rodriguez-Perez, CEO, Cellmat Technologies S.L.
By registering to attend this webinar you are consenting to your details being shared with our event sponsor/s and agreeing to our terms and conditions: