We will have a 40 minute presentation followed by 20 minutes open for questions and discussion.
Exclusive online workshop for GynZone users. Our target group is:
* Midwives and obstetricians
* Midwifery students and medical students
* Lecturers in medical educations (theory and clinical)
Malene Hegenberger is the inventer of the Hegenberger Speculum.
She has clinical experiences with childbirth and labour working in clinical settings in Denmark, Norway, The United Kingdom, USA and the Caribbean.
Her presentation will cover:
• Ergonomics and optimal working conditions during perineal repair
• Four tips for optimal positioning the woman during perineal repair
• We will show different birthing beds and how to use them best
• Teaching students how to perform perineal repair: optimal learning
Suturing of perineal injury after vaginal birth can be challenging for midwives obstetricians.
It may be difficult to have optimal visualization of the tear, and the woman might feel sore and vulnerable after birth.
This leaves the working conditions challenging for us who perform perineal repair: we may suffer from needle-stick injuries.