Presented by: Maurice J. Elias
In order to develop SEL competencies in our students, we must be able to assess them and provide feedback for building these skills. In this webinar, bestselling author Maurice Elias will discuss why and how schools must attend to “The Other Side of the Report Card” if we are to successfully prepare students for the tests of life—not a life of tests.
Participants will learn how to:
• Identify key social-emotional learning (SEL) competencies
• Connect current concerns with inequities to the differential promotion of SEL in different school populations
• Operationalize SEL competencies for reliable inclusion on school report cards
• Give feedback on students’ SEL to students and parents
• Identify the major components of effective interventions to develop students’ SEL competencies