Leopard Solutions’ research shows the demand for lawyers at all levels reaching an all-time high this year as law firms across the nation expanded attorney job searches to make up for the slow growth they experienced last year due to the pandemic.
Our research found an increase of 150% open jobs since the pandemic. The number is also higher than pre-pandemic figures, which averaged between 6,000 and 6,500 open attorney jobs from the start of 2017 to the end of 2019, a period of general growth in the legal industry.
The numbers only tell part of the story as many lateral partner searches are conducted privately.
However, the increase in demand for lawyers has also made it more challenging for law firms to compete for candidates and retain legal talent. And recruiters are saying signing bonuses have never been as high as they are now.
In this webinar, a panel of legal industry professionals will explore:
- How law firms, legal recruiters and candidates can use this market to their advantage
- How to source and compete for candidates at all levels in a competitive market
- How law firms can better retain their people
- How to set your lateral hires up for success
- The unique challenges/opportunities for women lawyers and diverse lawyers in the current market
- The unique opportunities for mid-size and small law firms today
- Dyana Barninger, Senior Director of Lawyer & Consultant Recruiting, Faegre Drinker
- Dan DiResta, Chief Operating Officer, Williams Kastner
- Nicole Kennedy, National Associate Practice Group Leader, The Lucas Group
- Laura Leopard, CEO/Founder, Leopard Solutions
- Stefanie Marrone, Founder, Stefanie Marrone Consulting
- David Rose, Executive Committee Member and Partner at Pryor Cashman
- Danielle Rosetti, Chief Talent Officer, Buchanan Ingersoll
- Mary K. Young, Partner, Zeughauser Group