The Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) was signed by all 11 participating countries - Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Chile, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore and Viet Nam - on March 8, 2018 in Santiago, Chile. At present, Malaysia is among three countries alongside Brunei and Chile which have not ratified CPTPP.
Upon implementation, CPTPP is expected to form an unprecedented market of over 500 million people, with a combined GDP of US$10.7 trillion.
Join us in the Webinar to understand from the Malaysia CPTPP’s negotiation team on how CPTPP will greatly contribute to Malaysia’s post-pandemic recovery as it is expected to intensify and diversify Malaysian manufactured exports in the following manner:
• Enhance market access into countries such as Canada and Latin American countries
• Boost exports for the Electrical and Electronics industry which has been a key contributor to Malaysia’s export earnings;
• Provide an advantage to nitrile glove manufacturers over China in exports to Canada;
• Assist the textile industry to increase its exports with the elimination of duties on textiles in the CPTPP countries; and
• Assist Malaysian automotive parts and components manufacturers to export to global OEMs located in the CPTPP countries
• 2.30pm - Welcome Remarks by YBhg Tan Sri Dato’ Soh Thian Lai, FMM President
• 2.35pm - Comprehensive & Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP): Status and Benefits to Manufacturers by Ms Arividya Arimuthu, Senior Director and Chief Negotiator of CPTPP, MITI
• 3.30pm - Q&A Session (Moderated by FMM Representative)
• 4.00pm - End of Webinar
* The organiser reserves the right to alter the content and timing of the programme in the best interest of the Webinar.
Registration Notice (limited to first 500 pax only): Please register using your company email address