This open event will be of interest to policymakers, mental health practitioners, support organisations and the media. It will include short talks from leading experts in sociology and epidemiology who will guide the audience through the report and what it tells us about our mental wellbeing today.
- Professor Stephani Hatch, Chair, Professor of Sociology and Epidemiology at King’s College, University of London and co-lead of the ESRC Centre for Society and Mental Health
- Sally McManus, Senior Lecturer, National Centre for Social Research and City, University of London
- Tim Vizard, Head of Policy, Evidence and Analysis Team, Office for National Statistics
- Neil Smith, Head of Analysis, National Centre for Social Research
- Professor Tamsin Ford, Professor of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Cambridge
Drawing on the national mental health surveys, new NatCen analysis of Understanding Society data and policy-relevant research, the event will provide fresh insights into the public’s mental health from cradle to the grave, including impacts for the more disadvantaged in society.