Colorado is working together with providers, employers, consumers, and local communities to address the rising total cost of health care. In follow-up to the Department's January 12, 2021 Affordability Webinar, which included several prescription drug related sessions, April's Affordability Webinar will focus on hospital affordability, policy and community investments. This webinar includes presentations by HCPF CFO John Bartholomew who will share updated reporting insights into Colorado hospital costs, prices and profits as well as a presentation by Chris Whaley from RAND Corporation who will share updated commercial insights and comparisons to national norms.
Following the presentations, the panel will dialogue on actions hospitals have taken over the last few years - and are taking now - to better control costs. The panel will also discuss tools and best-practices that employers and community representatives can use to better manage their hospital expenditures and align on community investment strategy and policy.
• John Bartholomew, Chief Financial Officer, Colorado Department of Health Care Policy & Financing
• Kyle Brown, Deputy Commissioner, Affordability Programs - Division of Insurance, Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies
• Allison Neswood, Esq., Deputy Director of Strategic Priorities, Colorado Center on Law & Policy
• Chris Tholen, MBA, President and CEO, Colorado Hospital Association
• Chris Whaley, Ph.D., Policy Researcher, RAND Corporation, Professor, Pardee RAND Graduate School
The Health Policy & Affordability Webinar Series hosted by HCPF pulls stakeholders together to discuss ways to reduce health care costs and achieve the Governor's goal of saving people money on health care.
Date/Time: April 14, 2021 12:00 - 1:30 PM in Mountain Time (US and Canada)