E-Commerce Law 101: What to Know about Branding, Copyrights, Trademarks and Privacy in Digitizing Your Business
Many companies are quickly establishing e commerce platforms due to COVID-19. Many businesses are successfully selling online, but lack sufficient understanding of various branding laws that would further strengthen their product and service portfolios. Many design and media houses creating brand platforms for businesses don’t have sufficient understanding of intellectual property rights to deliver to their clients optimal ROI. This webinar benefits these audiences and more.
Our webinar will address questions such as:
• What’s the difference between a copyright and a trademark?
• What’s the difference between a strong and weak trademark?
• What are the benefits to copyright and trademark protection?
• What do I need to know about customer privacy protections for my e-commerce platform and website?
• How does Amazon’s brand registry program work?
• How does the U.S. Customs brand protection program work?
• How do I keep competitors on Google, Amazon and Etsy from exploiting my rights?
Rockridge Venture Law® was launched in 2017 to become the preeminent intellectual property and technology firm across the Appalachian Innovation Corridor. We now have offices in Chattanooga, Durham, and Nashville, and represent clients and interests globally. Our services include all aspects of intellectual property, litigation, M&A, privacy, technology transactions, and ventures.
In 2018 and 2019, we were recognized as B Corp Best for the World for our commitment to triple bottom line business practices. RVL® uniquely addresses two modern profit drivers: innovation (uptake and development), and corporate social responsibility. We're Building Today's Company for Tomorrow's Economy® by leading clients through the dizzying array of information controls, by helping them to develop and monetize proprietary assets, and by enabling their impactful products, programs, and principles. Learn more at rockridgelaw.com.