Part 2 (A) of our new Electrical Safety and Compliance workshops - Prevent Electrical Safety Risks with Good Engineering Controls. This 5-part webinar series focuses on a significant acronym (4P’s) Predict, Prevent, Protect and Psychology.
Kicking off this session we have senior Electrical Engineer Jennie Weatherill, from the RWE Corporate Global Function. Jennie has had many years of experience in the Energy Sector plus experience working in Thermal Generation Assets, Solar Photovoltaic and now in Renewables.
We also have Industry Expert, Power System Consultant, Arc Flash Expert and the owner of MR Power Tech, Marcin Ruta.
Save the Date! Wednesday 23rd June, 2021
In one 1 hour, we will cover:
· Speaker Introductions
· Webinar Series Overview - Predict, Prevent, Protect & Psychology
· Designing in Safety
· Remote vs Local switching
· Trapped Key Interlocking
· Protection Settings
· Protective relays & devices such as GFCIs, RCDs to cut off the power during fault conditions.
· Arc resistant switchgears and intrinsically safe electrics wherever possible.
· Arc Flash reduction – replacing older fuses with time limiting fuses or protection / switchgear.
· Maintenance – ensuring temporary relay settings not in place from construction & correct protection ratings applied / set.
· Case Studies & Supporting Videos
· & Live Q&A
As seen in our previous series, we will be collaborating with and seeking Industry Experts and Authorities to provide content from real life experiences, case studies and to answer any relevant questions you may have while live.
Our speakers will help you to understand some of the key Electrical Safety Risks out there and what you can do engineer them out to keep your teams safe.
Important: This is non-commercial event with no product or brand being promoted – the focus and mission is electrical safety and steps we endorse to support the mission - saving lives!