Retina Action is a global coalition of non-governmental agencies, charities and patient-led groups concerned with vision loss and committed to improving the lives of those affected in our ageing population.
The goal of Retina Action is to raise awareness around the importance of regular screening, early diagnosis and timely intervention to mitigate retinal disease onset and progression. With this in mind, a series of toolkits have been established as an educational resource for clinicians, patients and stakeholders enabling access to a comprehensive set of guidelines and coping measures that aid patients in managing complex retinal diseases, including Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) and Diabetes-related Eye Diseases (DED).
Over the course of 2020, we have been gathering data on the lived experience of these conditions. These data are informing our universal call to action for the ageing eye, which will follow the theme of Inclusion and Wellbeing. This call to action is set to be launched on January 12th 2021; and at 2pm CET, we are delighted to be hosting a launch webinar, which will include a panel discussion and Q&A. Joining us on the panel will be:
- Dr. Keith Gordon - Chair of Retina Action, and Senior Research Officer of the Canadian Council of the Blind (CCB)
- Karen Denton – AMD Ambassador for Retina South Africa,
- Mike Smith – President of Retina New Zealand
- Daniela Brohlburg – Counsellor & Retinal Dystrophy patient advocate, ProRetina Deutschland
- Dr. Juliana Sallum - Board Certified Ophthalmologist and Geneticist, UNIFESP, Brasil