This is the first of four webinars in the 75th Anniversary of Community Water Fluoridation ADA Webinar Series
The American Dental Association is celebrating 75 Years of Community Water Fluoridation in the United States through a series of webinars throughout July 2020.
The "kick-off" session: "The Power of Safe Drinking Water and Caries Prevention" will share with attendees the history of Community Water Fluoridation and how this public health practice is rooted in health equity for populations across the country.
1) Dr. Leon Stanislav, Chair of the ADA's Council on Advocacy for Access and Prevention's National Fluoridation Advisory Committee
2) Rear Admiral Timothy Ricks, Chief Professional Dental Officer
3) Dr. Raymond Gist, former President of the American Dental Association and the keynote speaker for this presentation
From attending this presentation, attendees will be able to:
1. Explain the inequities due to lack of access to community water fluoridation
2. Understand the health disparities in regard to dental caries in relation to community water fluoridation
3. Understand why community water fluoridation promotes safe and healthy drinking water across communities
This course is worth 1 CE Hour