Join Savingforcollege.com for a special back-to-school edition of our popular College Savings webinar and learn everything you need to start saving for college. Our experts Katie Flynn and Matt Toner will break down the ins and outs of college savings for you in this free, one-hour webinar. They will also take your live questions as time permits. By the end of the webinar, you will know:
- The unique advantages of 529 plans and how they work
- How 529 plans can be used to save for K-12 private school
- What to consider when selecting a 529 plan, including FDIC insured 529 plans
- How to open a 529 plan, including selecting your investment options
- Why you shouldn't worry about how your 529 plan will impact financial aid (Hint: 529s receive favorable treatment on the FAFSA, compared to other accounts)
- How you can avoid paying unnecessary taxes and penalties when you withdraw from your 529 plan
Our generous sponsors at Upromise make this free webinar possible. Go to Upromise.com to learn about how Upromise can help you grow your college savings while you do everyday things like shopping online and dining out.