Presented by: Douglas Fisher, Nancy Frey, Dominique Smith, and John Hattie
WOW, we were forced to learn a lot while pandemic teaching and distance learning. Let’s use that knowledge to rethink schools. What should schools look like in the future? How can students take responsibility for their learning? It’s time to build teacher and student agency and recover learning for everyone. The time is now…
• Identify the lessons learned from pandemic teaching and distance learning.
• Describe the mindframes necessary to rebuild agency.
• Create structures that recover learning.
Attend this webinar to learn:
• How getting to know each student a little better can fundamentally change the classroom dynamics—and how to do that
• What it means to be an “intentionally inviting” teacher, and how it gives you an advantage in creating an environment conducive to learning
• How to bring more clarity to key aspects of your work—and how it can reap substantial rewards for you and your students
• How opening the culture to student voice—listening to students—is linked to academic motivation, and how to use it to shape your day-to-day planning
• The best ways to increase learning for your students, boosting the proportional value of their school year