Clean Energy Economy Minnesota in collaboration with Solar Bear and Impact Power Solutions invite you to watch the video premiere of Red Lake Nation’s solar story!
In February of 2016, Red Lake Tribal leaders announced plans to become energy independent. Unfortunately, the band experienced economic hardship and was unable to install solar on their own.
With support from the community and solar industry leaders, a creative plan was developed to help Red Lake achieve their vision by leveraging crowdfunding. The plan was a success, and construction on phase two began last month on one of the largest solar projects in Northern Minnesota.
Join us to learn:
● How Red Lake tribal leaders are using solar energy to achieve energy independence.
● How this project is creating jobs and opportunities for Red Lake Nation.
● How solar will help this community live sustainably.
● The challenges they faced and how they overcame them.
● What’s in store for the next steps of the project and the community.
Following the premiere, join the project’s stakeholders for a Q&A session to answer questions about the project, and how you can bring clean energy to your community.
- Robert Blake, Founder of Solar Bear and Executive Director of Native Sun Community Power Development
- Darrell G. Seki, Sr, Chairman of the Red Lake Nation
- Ralph Jacobson, Founder and Chief JEDI Officer of Impact Power Solutions
- Amelia Cerling Hennes, Director of Communications & Public Affairs for Clean Energy Economy Minnesota