Although the probability of occurrence of a large-scale disturbance in a power system is quite rare, it is very essential to know how to acquire the required data and conduct a detailed analysis when there is a grid failure.
This session will cover the following aspects -
• Disturbance Records (DRs) – The image of the disturbance captured in the watchdogs of power systems (the numerical relays) and other devices
• COMTRADE Standard - IEEE C37.111-2013 – The analog and digital data stored in DRs.
• Understanding protection relay parameters
• DR Analysis using disturbance analysis tools
• Electromagnetic Transient assessment for investigation of failures and root cause analysis.