Our primary and overriding responsibility as a parent is to raise children so they can thrive without us. Ever feel like you don’t know what you’re doing? Join the crowd! These are difficult and unprecedented times that require a boots on the ground mentality. We need to pay more attention to what we know and less to what we don’t. We know a lot much of which we have lost sight of in this crazy mixed-up world. Come ground yourself in the basic of parenting and learn practical tools you can apply immediately to positively change the course of your children’s lives. This talk will cover:
• What parenting style you currently use and what might be its long-term consequences.
• How to set, communicate and implement healthy boundaries and expectations for children of all ages.
• How to let children make mistakes, take responsibility and learn without shame while building grit and resilience.
• The secret of collaborative problem solving instead of punishment to influence children’s choices and behavior.
• How to let go as a parent without losing control.
This talk is relevant for parents, grandparents, school administrators, counselors, teachers, community leaders and more. Come be inspired to take charge!