Agriculture residues are one of the most abundantly available resource worldwide as millions of tons are produced globally which are either left to rot or burned on the fields. Efficient utilization of these residues to produce heat, electricity and biofuels offer various advantages including replacing fossil fuel use, reducing emissions, and promoting local economic development. However, various technological, social and policy challenges hinder the progress of the sector.
Following the previous webinar on latest technological developments on efficient combustion, WBA and the AgroBioHeat project are pleased to invite you all to an upcoming webinar on national experiences related to policies and regulations supporting the use of agricultural residues as source of energy. The session will include presentations from representatives of national associations and researchers from Spain, Denmark, Ukraine, India and Brazil.
• Pablo Rodero, Spanish Bioenergy Association, Spain
• Gunnar Hald Mikkelsen, Food and Bio Cluster Denmark, Denmark
• Gaurav Kedia, Indian Biogas Association, India
• Glaucia Mendes Souza, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
• Georgii Geletukha, Bioenergy Association of Ukraine, Ukraine