OTT viewing has boomed during this crazy year: stuck at home, people are watching more TV and video than ever before. As a result, content discovery and recommendation has never been more important.
How are audiences finding something to watch? How do they access hidden gems or shows they might have missed? How are they made aware of both fresh releases and newly-available long tail content? And how do they assess the value of their SVOD and pay-TV subscriptions? We’ll be asking these questions to a panel of content recommendation vendors at this week’s OTT Question Time (Thursday 5 November, 4pm UK).
Together with Peter Docherty of ThinkAnalytics, Chris Ambrozic of TiVo, Arash Pendari of Vionlabs and Gabriel Mandelbaum of Spideo, we’ll discuss:
1) Whether content recommendation has reached a tipping point?
2) The main content recommendation methodologies (e.g. content based filtering, collaborative filtering etc.)
3) The business case for content recommendation (i.e. why should service-providers buy content recommendation solutions)
4) Algorithmic vs. human content recommendation
5) And consumer attitudes to content recommendation
OTT Question Time will be streamed live at 4pm on Thursday the 5th of November. Click here to register and watch with us!