A dynamic, one-hour interactive session with leading ERAS experts who will discuss three current controversies in enhanced recovery practices after cardiac surgery. Each controversy will have a speaker addressing pros and another cons. Each speaker will have five minutes followed by ten minutes of questions from the audience and discussion among the panelists.
1. Pro / Con: A Regional Block Should be Standard for Every Cardiac ERAS Patient
• Alexander Gregory, MD., FRCPC
Cumming School of Medicine, University of Calgary
• Michael Grant, MD, MSE
Associate Professor, Department Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Divisions of Cardiac Anesthesia and Surgical Intensive Care
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
2. Rigid Sternal Fixation: For Every Patient or Just Selective Patients?
• Marc Gerdisch, M.D.,FACS, FACC, FHRS
Associate Professor, Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery Loyola University Medical Center Chicago
• Edward B. Savage, M.D.,
Medical Director, Cardiovascular Surgical Services
3. Cleveland Clinic Martin HealthPreoperative Epogen: Hero or Hype?
• Rawn Salenger, MD,
Chief of Cardiac Surgery,
University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center
Assistant Professor of Surgery, University of Maryland School of Medicine
• Vicki Morton- Bailey, DNP, MSN, AGNP-BC Providence Anesthesiology Associates, Charlotte, NC