Skills and knowledge highlighted in this training include
• Nutritional care introduction
• What prevents people from eating correctly?
• What problems arise from malnutrition?
• Timing of meals and snacks
• The environment in which meals and snacks are served
• Preparation of residents for meal times
• Encouragement of independence and involvement in mealtimes
• Providing support and encouraging service users to eat and drink
• Risk assessing residents
• How to spot the signs of malnutrition
• What to do if you believe a service user is suffering from malnutrition
• The signs of being under hydrated
• Why might someone not be fully hydrated?
• How we can encourage service users to keep hydrated
• The food groups and food safety
• The duration of this webinar is approx. 2.5 hours – Course times 10.00 am to 12.30 pm
• Invoices can be raised if you are not able to use PayPal, payment is required in advance of attending training
Additional joining instructions and considerations:
1. Download the Zoom App to your preferred device in advance of your webinar training session.
2. Be aware of your learning environment / background noise and if you are using a smart device (phone / tablet), earphones with a built in microphone will improve your learning experience.
3. Do not share the link to join the webinar, it is unique to you. Sharing the link or a screen may affect registration and your certification of attendance.
4. It is advisable to be connected to WiFi to avoid potential data roaming / usage charges.
5. You will need to attend at least 90% of the tuition time to receive a certificate