With the advent of technology and its rapid dominance in our lives, our children are learning more about the world, life and themselves on a screen than through interactions with us. This dynamic is having unprecedented effects on our children’s wellbeing. Want some help? Join me for a talk that will cover the following:
• Age-specific guidelines for screen time, getting a smart phone, access to social media and more.
• How to establish and communicate reasonable boundaries for technology use and what to do if your child pushes back.
• What the difference is between good content and bad content based on your child’s age.
• What we know about the effects of screen-time and content on our children’s brain, cognitive, social and emotional development.
• The importance of a backbone as we make decisions without a lot of experience and knowledge.