Time: 11am-12:30pm PT | 12-1:30pm MT | 1-2:30pm CT | 2-3:30pm ET
Join Attendance Works, IEL and our campaign partners as we kick off the 2021 Attendance Awareness Campaign, with the theme Rebound with Attendance! Over the past year, tens of thousands of students have lost out on significant amounts of instruction and learning opportunities, especially those in communities hardest hit by Covid-19. Our theme “Rebound with Attendance” urges schools and communities to make use of their chronic absence data to address educational inequities in their recovery planning.
Strong, trusting relationships that create a feeling of belonging for students and families, combined with the utilization of attendance data, are fundamental to improving engagement. Our featured speakers will offer their experiences, insights and pioneering practices that can be used during the last months of schools to sustain and expand the participation of students and families.
You’ll get a sneak peak into Attendance Works' new engagement planning toolkit. Our free tools will help schools and district leaders - and their teams - put in place locally tailored plans that ensure students, especially those experiencing the greatest challenges, show up to class so they can learn and thrive.
• Hedy Chang, President, Attendance Works
• Kwesi Rollins, Vice President for Leadership and Engagement, IEL
• Robert Kraemer, Principal, and Chad Swanson, Data Coach, Warren Street School (grades 3 - 6), Greater Johnstown School District, NY
• Shandria Richmond-Roberts, Principal, Harrison PreK-8 School, Pomona CA
• Marcus Strother, President and CEO, MENTOR California
• Daisy Sanchez Madrigal, Peer Mentor, CA