Growth in Central Asia is expected to recover to 3.1% in 2021, supported by a modest rise in commodity prices and foreign direct investment, as the region deepens its integration with China's Belt and Road Initiative. While forecasts for China expect growth of 7.9% in 2021. This webinar series will discuss and debate the investment opportunities in North and Central Asia, along this BRI corridor.
Key discussion points throughout the presentations include:
- What are the major investment needs in 2021 along the Belt and Road?
- How quickly can Central Asia’s economies recover from COVID-19?
- What can the governments of China and Central Asia do to encourage investment back into this BRI corridor?
- What are the biggest opportunities and challenges of the BRI for global investors?
- What sectors will recover the fastest, for example - how are mining companies taking advantage of the increased demand
for metals and minerals from the many proposed BRI related projects?