Against the background of the World Health Assembly, and in contribution to the UN Food System Summit Dialogues, WHO is organizing a programme of talks to increase awareness of how food systems and health are linked, and why food systems transformation is necessary to achieve health and well-being for all.
Building on the World Obesity Day event ‘Obesity: Setting the global agenda’ this interactive talk will move the conversation forward to discuss how partners are advancing the food and health agendas to address obesity.
Organised by WHO, World Obesity and UNICEF, the event will introduce the new Global Obesity Coalition’s agenda, with a panel of speakers from government, UN and civil society debating some of the challenges in multi-sector approaches, as well as the opportunities provided by the UN Food System Summit to advance global action on obesity.
Our panel of speakers will include:
• Dr Francesco Branca,Director of the Department of Nutrition and Food Safety, WHO
• The Honourable Dr Chris Tufton, Minister of Health and Wellness, Jamacia
• Representative from the Office of Global Affairs, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
• Johanna Ralston, CEO, World Obesity Federation
• Dr Nancy Aburto, Deputy Director of the Food and Nutrition Division, FAO
• Maaike Arts, Regional Adviser, Survive & Thrive for UNICEF’s LAC Regional Office
• Professor Shifalika Goenka, Public Health Foundation of India
• Vilma Tyler, Senior Nutrition Adviser, UNICEF