In this interactive 75-minute session, we explore how the values of Scrum can guide us in creating more diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in organizations.
In the second session of this two-part series, we will focus on how the five values of Scrum: Commitment, Courage, Focus, Openness, and Respect can be practiced in a way that improves DEI on agile teams and across the organization. In this session, participants will learn best practices, as well as some of the DEI systemic and policy shifts agile organizations are adopting.
Pamela Meyer, Ph.D., author of The Agility Shift: Creating Agile Leaders, Teams and Organizations, will facilitate the session featuring a panel of thought leaders who will share their experience, expertise, and guidance:
• Melanie Coffee (CSM), PR & Media Relations Director, Crayon
• Jyl Feliciano, D&I Thought Leader, Equity & Belonging Strategist
• Trenton Merideth, Sr., Global Senior Project Manager/Advanced ScrumMaster at UCB
Together we will explore how agile teams can be models for DEI, not only for the teams themselves, but for the wider organizations in which they function. We will also aim to discover how we can translate good intentions into better business practices and work experiences so that everyone can leverage the benefits of agility and help transform the world of work.
Participants will learn
• Why improving team DEI helps elevate team performance and boost business results
• How the fundamental values of Scrum align with those of DEI
• How privilege and unconscious bias can impede team performance
• Best practices and strategies agile experts and DEI professionals are implementing
This session is part of the Continuous Improvement Series.
Please note: This session will be recorded and available to view on the Scrum Alliance website. It is valid for 2 SEUs.